Sunday, August 20, 2017

Bullshit at Barnes & Noble







Apparently, every year during their "back to school" event, Barnes & Noble removes all erotica from their website. Not hidden. No. They REMOVE the books from sale, costing erotica authors like myself money. Of course, once this event ends, they put them back up because they make a mint off of those smutty books they seem to be so ashamed of.

Don't get me wrong here. I don't want kids looking at my books until they are old enough to know the difference between fantasy and reality, but removing them entirely seems like overkill. Perhaps they should take a page from Smashwords, who allows readers to click (or not click) a little button that will display adult content? Simple, straightforward, and I can still sell my wares to open-minded adults.

If you buy from Barnes & Noble, please consider buying my books directly from Smashwords. I make 80% at Smashwords compared to 60% at Censorship House--oh, I mean Barnes & Noble.

Thank you,
Ursula von Strict







No comments:

Post a Comment